Thursday, November 20, 2014

Here are some very interesting facts about DI college softball.

Do you know how much financial aid NCAA Division I-A schools give to players on college softball teams? Last year NCAA Division I and II schools alone awarded $2 billion in undergraduate athletic scholarships. For many student athletes, a scholarship from a NCAA Division I-A school can make the difference between getting a college degree and having to put that goal on hold.

Here are some very interesting facts about college softball.

Sports Program & Athletic Scholarship Statistics for NCAA Division I-A Women's Softball

Detailed Breakdown

NCAA Division I-A

Nationwide

Average Number of Athletes

21

18

Total Number of Athletes

2,121

29,455

Average Operating Expenses Per Player

$9,867

$2,624

Average Operating Expenses Per Team

$201,002

$48,452

Total Full Time Head Coaches

71

395

Total Part Time Head Coaches

4

514

Total Full Time Assistant Coaches

141

356

Total Part Time Assistant Coaches

40

1,428

Average Total Revenue

$441,420

$177,493

Average Total Expenses

$873,395

$206,051

Utilize the NCAA Division I-A women's softball statistics above to decide whether or not this division provides you with the best athletic scholarship opportunities. The table below shows how NCAA Division I-A schools compare with the nation's averages.

Total Number of Athletes and Average Athletes Per Team: This tells you about how many female athletes are on NCAA Division I-A women's softball teams in the United States, which helps you determine how aggressive the recruiting process is, particularly if you do a comparison of it to the national average. Currently there are 2,121 women involved in softball at NCAA Division I-A schools.

Average Operating Expenses Per Player: This represents how much a NCAA Division I-A college is paying for each player on their women's softball team for things that are essential such as equipment and uniforms. How much a NCAA Division I-A school invests in you as a player will help signify how valuable they feel that you are to the softball team and the overall sports program as well as the amount of support they give each player.

Average Operating Expenses Per Team: This is what it cost on average for a NCAA Division I-A college to run the day-to-day operations that keep the softball program functioning. This will give student athletes a good idea of the quality of women's softball programs, facilities and training personnel at NCAA Division I-A schools across the nation. The more NCAA Division I-A colleges spend the better quality you should expect.

Total Full and Part Time Coaches: Coaches are vital to helping you refine your skills and help you stay on track athletically and academically so that you can keep your softball scholarship each year. The more NCAA Division I-A women's softball coaches there are, the more likely you are to get one-on-one training and attention you need to reach your goal of graduating from a college.

Average Total Revenue: The more money NCAA Division I-A colleges can make off their women's softball programs the more likely it is that they will expand them. When women's softball programs are more profitable and popular NCAA Division I-A colleges will commit more in their existing programs and other NCAA Division I-A colleges will establish new softball teams of their very own. More NCAA Division I-A softball teams means more athletic scholarship opportunities at this type of school.

Average Total Expenses: Is there a growing interest in promoting and expanding women's softball teams at NCAA Division I-A schools? Are NCAA Division I-A colleges aggressively recruiting women's softball players? The total expenses stat includes operating and recruiting expenses. This will give you a good idea of just how much NCAA Division I-A colleges around the country are spending on women's softball programs, thus whether or not softball scholarship opportunities are likely to grow, keep pace or weaken in this division.

If you would like to be a contender for one of the many NCAA Division I-A women's softball scholarships that are available it will take persistence and lots of research and planning. See how NCAA Division I-A schools in your state compare to NCAA Division I-A schools across the country. Choose a state below to obtain detailed sports program and athletic scholarship statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This